The common mistake made is to assume that all kinds of body types require the same kinds of workouts. A fitness coach is best equipped to determine your particular body type and what kind of training will or will not work for you. This is also the reason you are not able to observe effective, lasting results for some of the techniques you are currently engaging in.
Even with the different body types it is not mandatory that you completely fit in one, but you are most likely to fit in one more. Your personal fitness trainer is always best fit to advise on which category or categories you fall into and hence what are the best techniques for your specific body type.
Roughly speaking, there are three body types – each with a different appropriate training.
The Ectomorph is characterized as naturally thin, with narrow hips and shoulders, they usually have very low body fat with thin arms and legs. They are most likely to complain of being unable to gain weight despite consuming high amounts of food.
Training For The Ectomorph:
- Strength training for the ectomorph will include training with heavyweights, with rest in between sets (2-3 minutes), as well as between exercises (5 minutes).
- This group has to ensure to work only one or two body parts per training day to avoid excessive caloric expenditure.
- Aim to train for 5-10 reps and 6-8 sets as a part of your exercise routine.
- Ensure to take a lot of rest in between workouts.
- This body group should engage in minimal cardio and moderate low-intensity bike rides and brisk walks.
People who belong in this category are between Ectomorph and Endomorph. They find it easier to put on muscles and have a genetically ideal body for bodybuilding. Some of the physical features of mesomorphs are strong legs, broad shoulders, and a narrow waist. They usually have low body fat as well.
Training For The Mesomorph:
- Different and varied training is the best option for mesomorphs
- They can also engage in light, moderate, and heavyweight training.
- They should engage in basic exercises like squats, lunges, deadlifts, rows, chest press, and shoulder press.
- Aim to complete 8-12 reps for most exercises.
- It is best to engage in cardio only three days per week for 15-30 minutes.
- This group should try to include both High-Intensity Interval Training and Low-Intensity Steady State.
The Endomorph has a pear-shaped body. They store more fat in the body, thereby they gain weight easily and find it difficult to put on muscles.
Training For The Endomorph:
- The best training methods for this group will include compound movements to burn calories. The aim is to achieve 8-12 reps and 3-5 sets for upper body and 12-20 reps for the lower body.
- Ideal cardio training will include cardio 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes.
These rough guidelines will give you an idea of your body type and the training you require. However, personal trainers are proficient to decide on the ideal training routine, as some people may not completely fit into one group.
It is ideal to train with a personal trainer as we offer a complete plan to get the best out of your training. We set an educational plan, which enables you to understand the reason and function of each method. We also provide you with nutritional and dietary advice; this helps you attain an overall balance. Your safety is our top priority. Women who prefer to train with female personal trainers always have that option as well.